Phlebodium Blue Star Fern
The Phlebodium Blue Star Fern is a perfectly, imperfect, plant with its sporadic leaf structure and its sensational greeny-blue colouring.
- Habitat: Will grow 50-100cm indoors. Avoid draughts. Does well in a humid environment.
- Light: Likes bright, indirect light. Direct sunlight will burn the leaves.
- Water: Keep the soil moist, but do not over-water. Like most plants, over-watering will cause root rot. Avoid watering the central stem (rhizome) of the plant.
- Soil: Will be happy in a bark/peat-based soil mixed with an orchid mix through it to help create a free-draining medium.
- Fertiliser: Ferns do not require too much additional fertiliser, other than diluted amounts during growth periods. Too much fertiliser can hurt your plant.