Philodendron Minima XL
The Philodendron Minima (Rhaphidophora tetrasperma) or Mini Monstera, has beautiful split leaf foliage on a vining plant. This larger grade, has multiple shoots which creates that full bushy looking plant, with vines that will soon start growing upwards. You can grow your plant around a wire, up a cocos pole, or up a trellis. If a cocos pole is your preference, be sure to tie the plant with twine to the pole, and to mist the pole regularly to encourage the plant to grow its aerial roots onto the pole and attach itself.
- Habitat: Does well in a humid environment.
- Light: Lights bright indirect light. Direct sunlight will burn the leaves.
- Water: Keep the soil moist, but do not over-water. Like most plants over-watering will cause root rot.
- Soil: Will be happy in a bark/peat based soil mixed with a orchid mix through it to help create a free draining medium that will retain moisture.
- Fertiliser: During growing seasons.